Yummy Sweet Potato Casserole
Holiday favorite, kid approved, prep 30 min, cook 30 min ready in 1 hr.
Serves #: 8-12 people
- 4 cups sweet potato, cubed
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon HOMEMADE Stavoren Trading Co. Vanilla Extract (recipe)
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Put sweet potatoes in a medium saucepan with water to cover. Cook over medium high heat until tender; drain and mash
- In a large bowl, mix together the sweet potatoes, white sugar, eggs, salt, butter, milk and HOMEMADE Stavoren Trading Co. Vanilla Extract. Mix until smooth. Transfer to a 9x13 inch baking dish
- In a medium bowl, mix the brown sugar and flour. Cut in the butter until the mixture is coarse. Stir in the pecans. Sprinkle the mixture over the sweet potato mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until the topping is slightly brown.