Easy-Peasy Vanilla Bean Ice Cream (Machine)
Quick and easy. You will need an ice cream maker for this recipe.
Add in berries, chocolate chips, mint chips, honey, candy bars etc. for a yummy treat.
Serves #: 2 quarts
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 cup half and half
- 1 ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 2 Stavoren Trading Vanilla Beans, halved and scraped (buy now)
- any toppings you would like (whipped cream, berries, sprinkles, etc.)
- In a medium saucepan, combine all ingredients (except toppings) over low heat.
- Cook until sugar is dissolved and simmering for 10-15 minutes, stirring often (DO NOT BOIL).
- Remove from heat. Let cool for 30 minutes prior to placing in ice cream maker.
- When cooled, place in an ice cream maker and churn according to machine instructions.
- Can eat soft ice cream (The BOMB!) when the ice cream maker is done or place in an airtight container in the freezer for at least 1 hours to have harder ice cream. Add toppings. Enjoy!